Following our decision to close all markets in March in line with Scottish Government guidance, we have been working tirelessly to prepare each of our markets to reopen with enhanced health and safety measures and strict social distancing to ensure we offer the safest environment for our visitors, traders and staff.
With the recent announcement of phase 2 of the Scottish Government route map, we are now in a position to put our efforts into practice as we carry out our final checks. With this, we are delighted to be able to tell you that some of our markets will begin to reopen from this weekend. This includes:
- Govan Retail Market (minus car boot) reopening on Saturday 11 July
- West End Farmers Market reopening on Saturday 11 July
- Bridgeton Retail Market reopening on Tuesday 14 July
- Partick Retail Market reopening on Wednesday 15 July
The Blochairn Car Boot Sale will remain closed for the moment as we further investigate and implement the suitable measures to allow for a safe operation.
This is a new shopping experience for all of us so please bear with us as we put all measures in place to welcome you back. The way we shop is going to be different for the foreseeable future and therefore it is important we work together to keep everyone safe across all our markets. In line with this, we will be introducing a range of safety measures:
- Continuous onsite testing to ensure safety guidelines are followed and staff are fully trained
- Ongoing risk assessments across all markets
- Regular tool box talks with staff around safe working practices
- Suitable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) worn by all staff
- A redesign of visitor routes to enable one way systems
- Signage identifying one way systems displayed throughout
- Discussions with traders around the requirement of suitable PPE, signage and customer interface
- Sanitiser stations at entrances
- Regular visits from our Markets Manager across markets to ensure adherence to guidance
Traders attending are responsible for their own hygiene and customer control measures so please be patient in queue systems whilst other customers are being served.
City Property Markets remain committed to doing everything we can to continue support the health and wellbeing of our visitors, traders and staff and so these safety measures will be regularly reviewed to ensure compliance.
We hope everyone is continuing to stay safe and we look forward to welcoming you back.