CAR BOOT SALE PITCH RULES
By booking a pitch at Blochairn Car Boot Sale, you agree to abide by the pitch rules and regulations below.
RULES GOVERNING TRADING AT THE SUNDAY BLOCHAIRN CAR BOOT SALE
Please read these rules carefully. Any infringement by you of the rules could lead to a permanent ban on trading at the Car Boot Sale.
1) Single week car boot pitches will be allocated on arrival on a first come first served basis and must be paid by card on the day of the market. Longer term bookings (4 weeks) must be booked and paid in advance of attendance. Single week bookings may also pre-book if preferred. Traders should pre book using our booking form (SEE HERE). The weekly deadline for bookings is 23:59 on Wednesday. Our Markets Team will be in touch after the weekly booking deadline to confirm your booking and arrange a card payment where required. Any traders that book a pitch and fail to attend may have their right to trade permanently withdrawn.
2) All traders must comply with current government Covid 19 guidelines.
3) Traders are permitted to occupy their pre-booked space at the Car Boot Sale on the Sunday of their booking between the hours of 6.00 am and 4.00 pm. All pitches must be fully vacated by 4.00 p.m.
4) Approval to occupy space is granted at the discretion of the Markets Manager of City Property Markets or their representative.
5) The right to occupy space may be withdrawn at the discretion of the Managing Director of City Property Markets or their representative. Traders are not permitted to sublet space.
6) Any person reserving multiple pitches will be held responsible for all pitches booked.
7) All rubbish and unsold goods must be removed from the pitch at the end of the day and taken off site for disposal. Any items left behind could result in future bookings being denied.
8) Traders or their employees are not permitted to sell any items to any persons bringing onto the site any pet, bird, or animal, other than assistance dogs. Any trader failing to abide by this rule may have their right to trade at the Car Boot Sale permanently withdrawn.
9) The Markets management reserve the right to control the type of goods permitted to be sold, e.g., NO CIGARETTES, TOBACCO, ALCOHOL, LIVESTOCK, FIREWORKS, FIREARMS (including air guns / “BB” guns), OFFENSIVE WEAPONS (or replicas of the same), LASER PENS, COUNTERFEIT GOODS (e.g., clothing, perfume, aftershave, computer software, cd’s, video / audio tapes), i.e., no product in breach of copyright legislation may be sold. Items referring to or containing SECTARIAN, RELIGIOUS or POLITICAL materials which may be deemed to cause offence. Moreover, traders are prohibited from selling to any person under the age of 18 any product of whatever kind containing any of the following chemicals, videlicit: compound, liquid or chemical, containing Acetone, Amyl Acetate, Benzene, Butane, Carbon Tetrachloride, Cyclohexanone, Ethyl Acetate, Hexane, Isopropopanol, Methyl Ethyl Kentone, Methyl Isobutyl Kentone, Methyl Cellosolve Acetate, Methylene Chloride, Petroleum Hydrocarbons, Tetrachloethylene, Toluol, Toluene, Trichloroethane, Trichloroethylene, Xylene, Amyl Nitrate and Isobutyl Nitrate unless such product contains also an inhalation repellent. THIS LIST IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE. Traders found to be in breach of the above may have their right to trade permanently withdrawn.
10) Any trader that is found to have goods that are thought to be counterfeit must provide a sample of said good immediately upon request. This sample along with the traders details will be send to Trading Standards for further investigation. If the goods are found to be legitimate they will be returned.
11) In the interests of safety, traders’ vehicles are not permitted to leave the allocated space before 3.00 pm, unless in the case of an emergency, and then only with the prior approval of and under the direction of the Markets Manager or their representative.
12) Traders and their attendants are required to conduct themselves in an orderly manner and are not permitted to do any act which may cause the public to congregate around their stalls or trading space in such a manner as to cause an obstruction to the passageway. Stalls or trading space must not be used in a manner which will cause annoyance to the occupiers of adjacent or neighbouring stalls and trading spaces or to any member of the public.
13) Traders and their employees and all attending the Car Boot Sale will observe and carry out the instructions and directions of the Markets Manager or their representative or the Police.
14) Complaints by traders and the public in respect of any matter affecting the Car Boot Sale must be brought to the Weekend Operatives for investigation, required relevant action and finally, notification to the complainant of the result, if necessary. If a complainant is not satisfied with the action taken on any complaint, then the matter may be referred by letter to the Markets Officer of City Property Markets, 130 Blochairn Road, Glasgow., G21 2DU.
Infringement of any of the aforementioned rules may result in the offender having their right to trade at the Car Boot Sale immediately withdrawn and, at the discretion of the Markets Manager of City Property Markets, permanently withdrawn in certain cases.
IN ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THE RUNNING OF AND THE RIGHT TO TRADE AT THE CAR BOOT SALE THE DECISION OF THE MARKETS MANAGER OF CITY PROPERTY MARKETS OR THEIR REPRESENTATIVES SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING.